Here is just some information about the scope of this problem:
1. Two million Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) occur each year (one every 15 seconds).
2. Every four minutes someone becomes permanently disabled due to a head injury.
3. Every five minutes someone dies from a head injury.
4. 100,000 of those who survive will have lifelong disabilities.
5. The cost of TBI in the U.S. is over $48 billion dollars a year.
6. The majority of head injury survivors are under age 30.
7. 51% of brain injuries occur from motor vehicles, 21% falls, 12% assaults & violence, 10% sports & recreation and 6% other.
The Coalition for Brain Injury Research is dedicated to supporting and promoting research that will lead to a brain injury cure. Join us.