The Coalition for Brain Injury Research is dedicated to supporting and promoting research that will lead to a brain injury cure. Raising awareness as to the need for a cure will renew hope to all survivors and families who continue to suffer the disabling effects of this devastating injury. Based on recent advances in the neuro sciences, the potential for cure is rapidly gaining credibility in the research community. We are totally committed to working at the federal, state, and grass roots levels to achieve our goals.
Here is just some information about the scope of this problem:
1. Two million Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) occur each year (one every 15 seconds).
2. Every four minutes someone becomes permanently disabled due to a head injury.
3. Every five minutes someone dies from a head injury.
4. 100,000 of those who survive will have lifelong disabilities.
5. The cost of TBI in the U.S. is over $48 billion dollars a year.
6. The majority of head injury survivors are under age 30.
7. 51% of brain injuries occur from motor vehicles, 21% falls, 12% assaults & violence, 10% sports & recreation and 6% other.
The Coalition for Brain Injury Research is dedicated to supporting and promoting research that will lead to a brain injury cure. Join us.